The Press Office of the international religious family of St. Vincent de Paul is pleased to share this news of the continuing celebration of the 400th Anniversary of its founding.
(PHILADELPHIA: Vincentian Family Office) Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, announced that he will host a ceremony honoring the service to the poor of the world by the Vincentian Family, on Wednesday, June 28th 2017 at 11 a.m., in the Yehudi Menuhin room, 1st floor of the Paul-Henri Spaak building, European Parliament, rue Wiertz 60, 1047 Brussels.
The ceremony commemorates the 400th anniversary of this spiritual family.
The ceremony will include:
- A welcome by Mr. Alojz Peterle, MEP and Rev. Tomaz Mavric, C.M., Superior General of the Congregation of the Mission and international spokesman for the Vincentian Family;
an exhibition of photos of the international works of the Vincentian Family; interventions by
- Vincentian Father Pedro Opeka, missionary in Madagascar and Nobel Peace Prize candidate;
- Sister Carol Keehan, Daughter of Charity and president and chief executive officer of the Catholic Health Association of the United States;
- Vincentian Father Mateo Tagliaferri, president of Community in Dialogue (Italy);
- and Mr. Mark McGreevy, President of DePaul International.
A reception hosted by Mr. Tajani will conclude the event.