The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- From the basement to the hope of a new life March 7, 2021“We used to live in a basement, unhealthy, without the right conditions, we were suffering, mostly for our child.”Vincentian Homeless Alliance
- Lenten Video Series: Day 16, Relationship with Him March 7, 2021This Lent, we offer to you the 2021 Lenten Video Series created by the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal. Day 16: Relationship with Him.The Miraculous Medal Shrine
- Sisters of Charity offer priceless gift to remember saint March 6, 2021Personal belongings of Mother Elizabeth Seton heads for national shrine.famvin
- The Pope Video • Sacrament of Reconciliation March 6, 2021"The Pope Video" series continues! Watch the latest 2-minute installment: Sacrament of Reconciliation..famvin
- Lenten Video Series: Day 15, Prayer Partner March 6, 2021This Lent, we offer to you the 2021 Lenten Video Series created by the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal. Day 15: Prayer Partner.The Miraculous Medal Shrine