The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- A Vincentian Minute: Vincentians and Catholic Social Teaching 1 January 17, 2022Fr. Rooney reflects on human dignity in Catholic Social Teaching, as described by former Vincentian Superior General Robert P. Maloney, C.M.Famvin Media Resources
- CMM Brothers: On our way to Zambia! January 16, 2022The start of the new mission of CMM Brothers in Zambia is drawing nearer. In preparation for the start of the new mission, the four pioneers will make a retreat together from the 18th to the 22nd of January in Kenya..famvin
- New video in the Seton Shrine’s Seeker to Saint series: Finding Mary January 15, 2022Our relationships shape who we are -- the good relationships and the difficult ones. Mother Seton's life was filled with difficult relationships that left her wounded..famvin
- Virtual Book Discussion Hosted by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth January 15, 2022The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth invite you and your congregation to join us for a virtual book discussion and conversation with the author of "Under the Sky We Make: How to be Human in a Warming World,".famvin
- Sisters of Charity Housing Development January 14, 2022Vincent’s Village, a 93-unit Affordable Senior Development in Nanuet, N.Y., by the Sisters of Charity Housing Development Corporation, was dedicated on September 14 and is now fully occupied.Famvin Media Resources