The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- Fundraising for CM Senior Priests’ Health Care in Indonesia September 22, 2023An event was held in Surabaya, Indonesia to raise funds for the Congregation of the Mission senior priests' health care..famvin
- Reflecting on Charity Moving Forward September 21, 2023An energetic, inspirational, and forward-looking gathering of a segment of the Federation was held in July..famvin
- A Faith Dynamic (Matthew 18:19-20) September 20, 2023"Listen and Respond." If there ever were a pair of words to stir up action, these are the ones.Tom McKenna, CM
- Nobody Wants To Do the Dishes! September 20, 2023This Mindwalk is a reflection on a saying attributed to a contemporary change agent – Shane Claiborne “Everybody wants a revolution, but nobody wants to do the dishes.”John Freund, CM
- Admire the Thoughts and Ways of God September 19, 2023Jesus makes known to us God, who is good to all and has mercy on all he has made, and whose thoughts and ways we are to admire. The landowner is good to the jobless. But there are those who, rather than admire him, grumble. These are the ones who have worked for twelve hours. […]Ross Dizon