The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- Vincentian Responses to Coronavirus Globally April 5, 2020We asked Fr. Robert Maloney, former Superior General of the Congregation of the Mission, to write about how Vincent de Paul himself responded to pandemics of his time.Robert Maloney, CM
- Live Holy Week with Saint Vincent de Paul April 5, 2020Holy Week is a time during which the Church offers us the opportunity to deepen our relationship with the Lord Jesus through the contemplation and the celebration of the Paschal mystery.Vinícius Augusto Teixeira, CM
- Lenten Video Series: Day 34, Discipleship April 5, 2020This Lent, we offer to you the 2020 Lenten Video Series created by the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal. Day 34: Discipleship.The Miraculous Medal Shrine
- Adamson University’s Softball Team Helps Families Affected By Quarantine April 4, 2020Adamson University’s Softball Team are showing that they are champions both on and off the diamond..famvin
- The Vincentian Sisters of Untermarchtal Start a Prayer Network during this time of COVID-19 April 4, 2020In order to help the people during the current crisis, the Vincentian Sisters of Untermarchtal have initiated a prayer network.Javier F. Chento