The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- The Pope Video • For the Abolition of the Death Penalty September 29, 2022"The Pope Video" series continues! Watch the latest 2-minute installment: For the Abolition of the Death Penalty..famvin
- International Formation Center in Paris (CIF): Activities for the Year 2023 September 29, 2022I am sending you information about the programs that the International Formation Center (CIF) will sponsor during 2023 for the Vincentian Family.Andrés R. M. Motto, C.M.
- A Vincentian View: Kindred Spirits September 28, 2022Whom would Vincent consider as close to his heart in thinking and serving?Pat Griffin, CM
- Are You a Genius? You Might Be Surprised! September 28, 2022Who are the great geniuses of history? There are certainly many who shaped the daily lives of people of their time … and well beyond.John Freund, CM
- Freely You Receive, Freely Give Also September 27, 2022Jesus has redeemed us by his blood. We do not pay, nor can we pay, for our redemption; we receive it freely. Faith is a divine gift (Rom 12, 3; Phil 1, 29; 2 Pt 1, 1). Those who believe only have it by God’s grace; they receive it freely. And it is safe to […]Ross Dizon