The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- The Vincentian Family Celebrates the Feast of St. Vincent de Paul September 27, 2021On September 27, feast of St. Vincent de Paul, the various branches of the Vincentian Family Worldwide prepare in many ways the celebration of this important date.Vincentian Family Office
- St. Vincent’s Spiritual Way: the Process of Discernment in Daily Life September 27, 2021Fr. Hugh O’Donnell defines discernment as a process by which the Spirit calls us to use our freedom to act in a certain way. He defines it as “a choice, not between good and evil, but between two or more goods.”Famvin Media Resources
- A Note on Charity for Vincentian Month 2021 September 26, 2021If charity is our rule, as Saint Vincent de Paul taught us, what does it look like?Aidan R. Rooney, C.M.
- The FHA and the “Season of Creation” September 26, 2021Pope Francis’ words have been inspiring the work of the Famvin Homeless Alliance since its inception four years ago, and they have become even more relevant as the Christian Family celebrates the “Season of Creation.”Vincentian Homeless Alliance
- Celebration Ideas for the Feast Day of Saint Vincent de Paul September 26, 2021Join thousands of Vincentians across the globe on September 27 in celebrating St Vincent and over 400 years of active charitable works by the Vincentian Family..famvin