Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Reflections From the Belly of a Whale April 26, 2020By Sr. Andrea Koverman, SC Federation, First Vows Click HERE to learn more about Andrea Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation It seems no accident to me that the COVID-19 pandemic reached proportions large enough to make the world take notice and stop it in its tracks occurred […]Future of Charity
- Detoxing during Lent March 1, 2020By Sr. Carlette Gentle, SCN, Perpetually Professed Click HERE to learn more about Carlette Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation I have been struggling to think of what my Lenten abstinence would be this year. I could give up chocolate, or desserts, or junk food in general but what would that […]Whitney
- From the FOC to the HOC: Happy Ten Years! January 13, 2020Compiled by Sister Tracy Kemme, SC Last Saturday marked the ten year anniversary of the House of Charity (HOC) in New Orleans, and we at the Future of Charity (FOC) blog want to celebrate their milestone. We dedicate this post to our visionary sisters who dreamed up the HOC and have sustained it over a decade, […]Future of Charity
- Finding Life in Unexpected Places December 15, 2019By Sister Annie Klapheke, SC Click HERE to learn more about Annie Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation We are now half way through our Advent journey, this season of hope and expectant waiting. This year, I have been particularly struck by the words we have been hearing from the prophet Isaiah […]Future of Charity
- Cleaning out Clogged Drains November 20, 2019By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about Judy In early November, I noticed our garage gutters were clogged and not draining properly. I got a ladder, and pulled the bulk of the leaves out in one swipe. […]Future of Charity