Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Lord, Teach Us to Pray August 14, 2019By Sr. Kara Davis, Daughter of Charity Under 10 Years VocationClick HERE to learn more about Sr. Kara Click HERE to learn more about the Daughters of CharityIt so happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray […]Future of Charity
- Rest, Relax, and be Renewed. July 16, 2019By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about Judy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationOne of my jobs at the Forest Springs Health Campus is to water the plants in the Physical Therapy Courtyard. I came to work Monday morning after a particularly hot […]Whitney
- Freedom for Who? July 8, 2019By Sr. Meg Kymes, SC Federation Under 10 Years Vocation Click HERE to learn more about Meg Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationAs we celebrated Independence Day on the fourth of July (and perhaps into this weekend), I reflected on one of the key concepts of our country’s founding, freedom. In […]Whitney
- Dreaming with Our Hearts Wide Open June 18, 2019By Sister Annie Klapheke, SC SC Federation Temporary ProfessedClick HERE to learn more about AnnieClick HERE to learn more about the SC Federation“And you know you can’t go back again, to the world that you were living in,‘cause you’re dreaming with your eyes wide open. So, come alive!”“Come Alive”, from The Greatest Showmanwords by Justin Paul and Benj […]Future of Charity
- She Went Into The Desert To Pray... June 5, 2019By S. Romina Sapinoso, S.C.SC Federation Temporary ProfessedClick HERE to learn more about RominaClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationA retreat blog in pictures...Before leaving for retreat (June 3-11) I was cleaning out my inbox and found this email sent 11 years ago by Janet Gildea, S.C., dear mentor, sister and friend who […]Future of Charity