Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Cleaning out Clogged Drains November 20, 2019By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about JudyIn early November, I noticed our garage gutters were clogged and not draining properly. I got a ladder, and pulled the bulk of the leaves out in one swipe. Immediately a […]Future of Charity
- Gathering in New Orleans November 13, 2019During the weekend of November 1-3, 2019, the Future of Charity met for a fun-filled, prayerful time together at the House of Charity in New Orleans, LA. Upon arrival, each person was welcomed with a hug. We began with a prayer service honoring the Saints who have gone before us with an ofrenda. We placed pictures […]Whitney
- Sr. Whitney Schieltz, SC, Professes First Vows August 28, 2019Congratulations to Sister Whitney Schieltz who professed her first vows with the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati on August 24th! The celebration Mass focused on the themes of baptism and the call to gospel living. Whitney processed in carrying her original baptismal candle that her parents had saved from 1988, and her program cover featured an […]Whitney
- Lord, Teach Us to Pray August 14, 2019By Sr. Kara Davis, Daughter of Charity Under 10 Years VocationClick HERE to learn more about Sr. Kara Click HERE to learn more about the Daughters of CharityIt so happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray […]Future of Charity
- Rest, Relax, and be Renewed. July 16, 2019By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about Judy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationOne of my jobs at the Forest Springs Health Campus is to water the plants in the Physical Therapy Courtyard. I came to work Monday morning after a particularly hot […]Whitney