In October, Sisters of Charity Federation staff, NGO liaisons and guests gathered in New Jersey to honor outgoing UN NGO representative Sister Teresa Kotturan, SCN, and to welcome Dr. James (Jimmy) Walters, who will begin serving as SC Federation NGO representative in January 2023. A dinner was held Oct. 14 at The Madison Hotel in Morristown following the NGO liaisons meeting at the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth motherhouse. Federation board members, arriving early for the board meeting, also attended the dinner. Those present honored Sister Teresa with a farewell blessing, and Jimmy was also given a welcome blessing.
For many of those present, this was the first time they had the opportunity to meet in person. Participants in the NGO liaisons meeting included:
- Sister Helene Allain, NDSC, councillor, Les Religieuses de Notre-Dame-du-Sacré-Coeur;
- Sister Julie Cutter, DC (St. Louise), former SC Federation executive director;
- Sister Carol DeAngelo, SC, director, Office of Peace, Justice and Integrity of Creation, Sisters of Charity of New York;
- Sister Grace Hartzog, SC (Seton Hill), SC Federation executive director;
- Sister Marge Kloos, SC, councilor, Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati;
- Sister Teresa Kotturan, SCN, SC Federation NGO representative 2015-present;
- Rachel Moccia, director, Office of Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation, Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul USA;
- Fr. Terry Moran, director, Office of Peace, Justice and Ecological Integrity, Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth;
- Darlene O’Leary, coordinator, Martha Justice Ministry (Sisters of St. Martha of Antigonish);
- Susan Oxley, SC Federation communications coordinator;
- Sister Marion Sheridan, CSM, former NGO liaison from the Sisters of St. Martha of Antigonish (2009-2022);
- John Shively, director, Office of Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth;
- Jimmy Walters, SC Federation NGO representative as of January 2023;
- Sister Cj Willie, SC (Cincinnati), former SC Federation NGO representative (2007 -2014).
Several of the NGO liaisons and guests also participated in a tour at the United Nations Oct. 13.