The sixth annual Catholic Sisters Week is March 8-14, 2020. This time is set aside to recognize women religious for their dedicated work with the poor and marginalized in education, social services, and health care. Catholic sisters are committed to caring for our Earth and promoting social justice issues that serve the common good.
Sisters of Charity Federation member congregations have planned activities in their various locations. Please join us in celebrating these courageous and loving women!
Here is a list of some of the events happening for Catholic Sisters Week:
- Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Mercy, Charleston, South Carolina will encouarge sister “shout-outs” with sponsored ministries and signage at the motherhouse and on social media.
- Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati are hosting a social gathering at their motherhouse for sisters and employees that will include a trivia game and root beer floats. They will also be creating “hearts of thanks” for sisters.
- Sisters of Charity-Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada are planning to feature sisters on social media.
- Sisters of Charity of St. Elizabeth, Convent Station, New Jersey, are hosting a bus trip to the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmittsburg, Maryland.
- The House of Charity in New Orleans is hosting college students for a spring break volunteer ministry.
- Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill, Greensburg, Pennsylvania, are hosting a “Blankets for Kids” event with Seton Hill University students. The sisters also recently collaborated with the university to put together backpacks for homeless students and distribute food for veterans.
- The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas, are offering cinnamon rolls and refreshments in their motherhouse dining room for sisters and employees along with a presentation by their leadership team.
- The Sisters of Charity of New York are collaborating with students from the College of Mount Saint Vincent to host an “Intergenerational Conversation on Immigration and Racism.” They will also be featuring interviews with sisters on their web site and social media.