The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- First Meeting of Vocational Promoters of the Congregation of the Mission November 20, 2018The Congregation of the Mission Moves Tward a Culture of Vocations As a fruit of the Jubilee Year during which we celebrated the 400th anniversary of the origin of the Vincentian charism, Father Tomaž Mavrič, CM (superior general of the Congregation of the Mission) has placed before the members of this Society of Apostolic Life and […]Javier F. Chento
- Doing Good Wherever We Are • A Weekly Reflection with Ozanam November 19, 2018Truth has no need of me, but I do need Truth. The Cause of Christian Science, the Cause of Faith, is deep in the roots of my heart. […] As Truth is threatened, as the letters are the battlefield in which the quarrel takes place, as the teaching occupies in it a large part, as […]Javier F. Chento
- Vincentian Family National Council: Ireland November 19, 2018Dublin, Ireland, was chosen by Pope Francis to host the World Meeting of Families (WMOF) from August 21-26, 2018, guided by the theme “The Gospel of the Family: Joy for the World.” In choosing The Gospel of the Family: Joy for the World, as the theme for the ninth World Meeting of Families, Pope Francis […]Vincentian Family Office
- “I was hungry and you fed me…” November 18, 2018In the United States, Thanksgiving is the biggest day of the year for many of the dining rooms run by Vincentians..famvin
- Pope Francis’ Annual Day of the Poor and the Heart of St. Vincent November 18, 2018There must be a big smile in St. Vincent’s heart! When Pope Francis pours out his heart about the meaning of the annual World Day of the Poor his words resonate with themes close to the heart of Vincent.John Freund, CM