The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- “If Anyone Wants to be First, he Must Make Himself Last of All and Servant of All” September 22, 2018This Sunday, September 23, the Gospel at Holy Mass contains exactly the motto of the current Board of the International Council General of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul. The biblical passage is from St Mark 9, 30-37 “They came to Capernaum and when he was in the house he asked them, ”What were […]Renato Lima de Oliveira
- Father Tomaž Mavrič, CM Visited the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 22, 2018During this month of September, so special for the whole Vincentian Family, Fr. Tomaž Mavrič has visited the Vincentian communities of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where he has been pleasantly surprised by their witness of life and the strength of the Vincentian Charism. He tells us himself: In this Vincentian month, I had […]Javier F. Chento
- Tour of St. Vincent’s France September 21, 2018Walk through some of the special places in the life of St. Vincent de Paul..famvin
- Adding Your Chapter To the Bibliographies of Our Founders September 21, 2018Do we appreciate how each one of us is a version of the original story of Vincent and Louise following Christ the Evangelizer of the Poor?John Freund, CM
- Social Justice Conversations: MISEVI September 20, 2018MISEVI International is an International association, canonically erected as a public association of the faithful, seeking to develop an organized presence of laity in missionary works ad gentes, especially within the missions of the Vincentian Family. (MIsioneros SEglares VIcencianos – Lay Vincentian Missionaries) The participating countries of MISEVI are: Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Spain, […]Mary Frances Jaster