The worldwide Vincentian Family
The Sisters of Charity Federation of North America is part of the international Vincentian Family, a collaborative network of more than 2 million people worldwide. FamVin includes religious congregations, lay associations and young adult and youth volunteers who follow the rule and spirituality of Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac. The Vincentian Family particularly engages and serves persons living in poverty.
The Federation collaborates with the Vincentian Family at the international, North American and local levels in governance, spirituality, communications, social justice, board representation, training for systemic change, formation, leadership meetings, Vincentian Family Gatherings and multiple areas of service of marginalized persons.
The Vincentian Family Young Adults catch the charism during their time at Vincentian / Setonian colleges and universities, year-long and summer volunteer programs, Vincentian Marian Youth, and service opportunities. At the 2015 Vincentian Family Gathering, the young adults began to organize themselves more formally under the leadership of Mike Van Dorpe at DePaul University Office of Mission and Values and an evolving Advisory Committee.
The Vincentian Family Leadership of North America meets annually and includes congregational leaders of the Congregation of the Mission, the Sisters of Charity Federation, and the Missionary Cenacle Family. Presidents/ CEOs represent the Society of St. Vincent dePaul of the US and Canada, Ladies of Charity USA, Depaul USA, and Vincentian young adults.
Leadership from the branches of the Vincentian Family around the world meet every two years. National and regional Vincentian Family leadership coordinate communication among the branches, sharing of spirituality and systemic change resources, shared ministries, and advocacy and social justice initiatives.
- Congregation of the Mission: Serving With Joy in Bolivia January 20, 2019As we approach the anniversary (January 25) of the founding of the Congregation of the Mission, .famvin is highlighting some examples of their mission, programs, and services..famvin
- Entertaining Angels on the Border January 20, 2019Spending time on the U.S./Mexican border in Texas working with those seeking asylum during the Advent season was, perhaps, one of the best preparations for Christmas.Caroljean Willie, SC
- St. John’s Board of Trustee Member Honored for a Lifetime of Service January 19, 2019Lewis Rice, Jr. ’74 SVC was honored by the Citizens Crime Commission of NYC with the Distinguished Service Award at their eighth annual awards reception.Emily McIntyre, St. John's University
- “Our Faith In Action” Movie Now Available On-Demand January 19, 2019If you missed the network television premiere of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul movie, “Our Faith in Action,” it is available for viewing online.Gary Stevens, SVDP-USA
- Congregation of the Mission: Serving With Joy in the Solomon Islands January 18, 2019A video highlighting the Vincentian mission in the Solomon Islands, part of the Oceania Province..famvin