Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- A different kind of Fourth of July July 3, 2018By Sister Tracy Kemme, SCSC Federation First ProfessedLast Fourth of July was remarkable. Since the Shariff family’s arrival in April, we’d been bonding with them over delicious Somali food and tea. Now, we invited them for a cookout to celebrate their first “Independence Day” as Americans.The Shariffs spent ten years in refugee camps in Ethiopia […]Future of Charity Blog
- Let's Get Creative June 20, 2018By Sr. Whitney Schieltz, SC Federation Canonical Novice Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about WhitneyI often use the word creative to describe myself; and this past year as a canonical novice has been an opportune time to explore the importance of creativity in my […]Future of Charity Blog
- The Ministry of Presence June 6, 2018By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about Judy In my position as Life Enrichment (Activity) Assistant at Forest Springs Health Campus, in northern Jefferson County (Louisville, KY), I am very blessed to minister with residents during […]Future of Charity Blog
- Sheltered And Nurtured By Love May 22, 2018By Sr. Romina Sapinoso, SC Federation Apostolic Novice Click HERE to learn more about Romina Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationMother robin warms her newly hatched babies, watchful of strangers coming too close.Sisters at our Mother House in Cincinnati (and those who live close by like me) recently had the […]Future of Charity Blog
- Dracula May 10, 2018By Sr. Laura Coughlin, SC Federation Perpetually Professed Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about LauraLast week I finished my first year of doctoral studies in theology at the University of Dayton. My brain is tired, but in spite of this, I still find my days […]Future of Charity Blog