Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Special Father's Day Post: Interview with the Dad of a Daughter-who-is-also-a-Sister June 16, 2017By Sr. Tracy Kemme, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about Tracy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationA few years ago, when I was keeping a blog as I discerned religious life, I interviewed my mom about her experience of being the mom-of-a-sister-in-training. Almost five years later, […]Future of Charity Blog
- Bearers of Hope June 9, 2017By Sr. Meg Kymes, SC Federation Under 10 Years Vocation Click HERE to learn more about Meg Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationA few weeks ago, one of my Sisters told this story of a recent experience at her ministry. While visiting an elderly woman, the woman asked her, […]Future of Charity Blog
- The Way of Elizabeth June 2, 2017By Sr. Romina Sapinoso, SC Federation Canonical Novice Click HERE to learn more about Romina Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationCome walk Elizabeth’s Way with us through this video of our pilgrimage to the places that were touched by and became part of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton’s life and the life […]Future of Charity Blog
- Transitions lead to Transformation May 26, 2017By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Apostolic Novice Click HERE to learn more about Judy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationDuring Palm Sunday weekend, my sister Margaret, visited me during my mission time in Belize City, Central America. When I became impatient waiting on an event, she would then sing […]Future of Charity Blog
- The Way of Elizabeth May 19, 2017Sisters of Charity Federation novices and candidates began their "Way of Elizabeth pilgrimage" on Wednesday, May 17. Women in formation with our congregations undertake this journey to enter deeper into the life of our founder, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and to connect to the roots of our Federation. The pilgrimage began with a stop in Greensburg, […]Future of Charity Blog