Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Fall Gathering in NOLA November 6, 2018This past weekend, eight members of the Future of Charity and one discerner gathered at the House of Charity in New Orleans for fellowship and faith-sharing. Guiding our prayer and conversations was the theme of self-awareness and identity. As we listened to Jesus ask his disciples, Who do people say that I am? and Who do […]Future of Charity Blog
- Real Presence October 23, 2018By Sr. Annie Klapheke, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about AnnieThe door was slightly ajar. I knocked lightly and softly called into the room, not wanting to disturb her if she was resting. “Who is it?” she asked. I entered fully […]Future of Charity Blog
- Mercy October 11, 2018By Sr. Meg Kymes, SC Federation Under 10 Years Vocation Click HERE to learn more about Meg Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationIn last Monday’s Gospel (Luke 10:25-37) a lawyer asked Jesus, “Who is my neighbor?” Jesus’ response told the parable of the Good Samaritan then asked the lawyer about […]Future of Charity Blog
- The Builders September 26, 2018By Sr. Whitney Schieltz, SC Federation Apostolic Novice Click HERE to learn more about Whitney Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationThroughout my whole life I've had an affinity for buildings. I love to study them, photograph them, design them. Even as a child I would spend hours on end with […]Future of Charity Blog
- Throwing Words into the Fire September 16, 2018By Sr. Laura Coughlin, Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill (Perpetually Professed) Then Aaron said to Moses, “They gave me words, I threw them into the fire, and out came this paper!” Ex 32:24 [Revised Late-Night Standard Student Version - RLNSSV]Right now I have a headache, my brain hurts, my eyeballs have filed a complaint with […]Future of Charity Blog