Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Throwing Words into the Fire September 16, 2018By Sr. Laura Coughlin, Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill (Perpetually Professed) Then Aaron said to Moses, “They gave me words, I threw them into the fire, and out came this paper!” Ex 32:24 [Revised Late-Night Standard Student Version - RLNSSV]Right now I have a headache, my brain hurts, my eyeballs have filed a complaint with […]Future of Charity Blog
- Seeds of Regeneration, Seeds of Hope August 29, 2018By Sr. Kara Davis, Daughter of Charity Under 10 Years VocationThe media has been flooded with articles, posts, videos, and letters concerning the recent unveiling of child sex abuse in the Catholic Church. First, there was outrage over the news of former Cardinal McCarrick’s sexual misconduct, abuse of power, and promotion within Church hierarchy. Then […]Future of Charity Blog
- Late August 18, 2018by S. Romina Sapinoso, SC Federation Apostolic NoviceClick HERE to learn more about RominaClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationThis blog post is late. It was supposed to be posted last Wednesday and as you can see, I’m just posting it now. Three. Days. Late.It is late because after spending an hour each […]Future of Charity Blog
- Ready to Set Sail August 1, 2018By Sr. Andrea Koverman, SCClick HERE to learn more about AndreaClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationThe 2018 cohort representing eight countries and spanning across two generations.Three years ago on June 27th, I made my first profession of vows along with my sole band-mate, Tracy Kemme. Having now fulfilled the canonically required interim […]Future of Charity Blog
- Leaving It In God's Hands July 17, 2018by S. Carlette Gentle, SC Federation Perpetually ProfessedClick HERE to learn more about CarletteClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationHave you ever had those days, months or even year/s when you felt like nothing was going right no matter how hard you worked; trying to fix it all? Well I had one of […]Future of Charity Blog