Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- To-Do Lists and My Car Radio April 28, 2017By Victoria Hood, SC Federation Candidate Click HERE to learn more about Victoria Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationMy three minute prayer reflection app on my iPad asked me today if my priorities match God's. Honestly, no, because I often make to-do lists and I have recently had a personal […]Future of Charity Blog
- Spring Gathering in NOLA April 27, 2017Thank you, everyone, for your prayers as we gathered in New Orleans last weekendfor our Spring Future of Charity gathering!We had 9 participants and 2 wisdom figures from across 6 congregations... Our prayer and discussion focused on the theme of solidarity and life on the peripheries...We even had a Zoom call with several of our Sisters […]Future of Charity Blog
- Please pray for us! April 20, 2017This weekend the Future of Charity group is gathering at the House of Charityin New Orleans for prayer, reflection, sharing, and fellowship.November 2016, House of Charity, New Orleans, LAFuture of Charity Blog
- Shall I not drink the cup that the Father gave me? April 14, 2017By Whitney SchieltzThis Holy Week has conveniently coincided with an important time in my discernment. Now, after a year-and-a-half as an Affiliate with the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati, living in our formation house outside of El Paso, Texas, I must decide if I am going to apply for Novitiate. Although I believe that is […]Future of Charity Blog
- Humble, Simple, and Kind: Sligeach Éireann March 31, 2017By Sr. Alice Ann O'Neill, SCI was inspired to write this poem when I heard people of Sligo, Ireland (Sligeach Éireann) praying the Lord’s prayer in their native language of Irish at mass. Sligo is a small city on the west coast of Ireland between Donegal and Galway. The founding mother of the Sisters of […]Future of Charity Blog