Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- The Essence of Risk January 17, 2018By S. Laura CoughlinSC Federation Under Ten Years ProfessedClick HERE to learn more about LauraClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationOur community divides itself into conferences according to the Vincentian model. Conferences in the early history of the Daughters of Charity were meetings whereby Saints Vincent and Louise could accomplish two goals. The […]Future of Charity Blog
- An Epiphany in Dazzling Darkness January 7, 2018By Sister Rejane Cytacki, SCL Click HERE to learn more about RejaneClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationI have spent a lot of time this past December reflecting on the healthy balance we need of darkness and light in our lives. In my current ministry at the Eco-Justice Center, we do both equinoxes and […]Future of Charity Blog
- Treasured December 13, 2017By S. Romina Sapinoso, SC Federation Apostolic Novice Click HERE to learn more about Romina Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationTuesday breakfast with Sister FloEvery Tuesday morning during my novitiate, I meet Sister Flo for breakfast at the Mother House dining room at 7ish before we both head upstairs for morning […]Future of Charity Blog
- Thanksgiving, Part II: Moving from Thanks to Giving November 23, 2017By Sr. Tracy Kemme, SC Federation Initially Professed Click HERE to learn more about Tracy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationOn retreat in May, my director invited me to spend some time reflecting on gratitude, but there was a block in me. Whenever I started to feel inklings of awe, my […]Future of Charity Blog
- Thanksgiving, Part I: Getting a Gr-attitude Adjustment November 22, 2017By Sr. Tracy Kemme, SC Federation Initially Professed Click HERE to learn more about Tracy Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation“Primero, quiero dar gracias a Dios por otro día más de vida…”First, I want to thank God for one more day of life. Working with women’s empowerment groups on the dusty, […]Future of Charity Blog