Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Sheltered And Nurtured By Love May 22, 2018By S. Romina Sapinoso, SC Federation Apostolic Novice Click HERE to learn more about RominaClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationMother robin warms her newly hatched babies, watchful of strangers coming too close.Sisters at our Mother House in Cincinnati (and those who live close by like me) recently had the wonderful blessing of […]Future of Charity Blog
- Dracula May 10, 2018By Sr. Laura Coughlin, SC Federation Perpetually Professed Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about LauraLast week I finished my first year of doctoral studies in theology at the University of Dayton. My brain is tired, but in spite of this, I still find my days […]Future of Charity Blog
- The Season of New Life April 25, 2018By Sr. Annie Klapheke, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Click HERE to learn more about AnnieIt is the season of springtime and Resurrection. All around us, the budding trees and flowers remind us that new life is always possible, no matter how long or cold […]Future of Charity Blog
- Spring '18 Gathering April 8, 2018This weekend a group of Future of Charity members gathered near Cincinnati, Ohio, to spend time in prayer, companionship and recreation, and to remember our dear Sister Marie Flowers who joined the saints in heaven almost six months ago. We thank everyone who held us in prayer during this sacred time together.Celebrating the beautiful life […]Future of Charity Blog
- New Wineskins March 15, 2018By Sr. Andrea Koverman, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about Andrea Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation“I can’t have my sisters going to Washington in old wineskins, now can I?!” These were the words our sister in community, Annie Klapheke exclaimed as she used her sewing […]Future of Charity Blog