Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- New Wineskins March 15, 2018by S. Andrea Koverman, SC Federation Temporary ProfessedClick HERE to learn more about AndreaClick HERE to learn more about the SC Federation“I can’t have my sisters going to Washington in old wineskins, now can I?!” These were the words our sister in community, Annie Klapheke exclaimed as she used her sewing skills to reconfigure the […]Future of Charity Blog
- Belonging To One Another February 28, 2018by S. Romina Sapinoso, SC Federation Apostolic NoviceClick HERE to learn more about RominaClick HERE to learn more about the SC FederationThe Winter Olympics finished last Sunday and though I missed the closing, the opening ceremony was one of the best I’ve seen in years. The Olympics always excite me not just because we witness […]Future of Charity Blog
- Love In Lent February 14, 2018By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about Judy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationToday, Ash Wednesday begins the wonderful though challenging season of Lent. Lent means spring, a time of new growth. It is exciting for me to focus on doing a positive […]Future of Charity Blog
- I Can't Be Me Without You... February 7, 2018By Sr. Whitney Schieltz, SC Federation Canonical Novice Click HERE to learn more about Whitney Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation Last week I joined other novices in St. Louis for a workshop on sexuality with Sr. Lynn Levo, CSJ. Among the many dimensions of this subject, we learned […]Future of Charity Blog
- Intentional Community for the Future (and Present)! January 30, 2018By Sr. Tracy Kemme, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about Tracy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationGrowing up, I can assure you: I never imagined that I would spend my adult years living with inter-generational groups of women. So how did it come to be?Ecuador 2008Ten years […]Future of Charity Blog