Future of Charity Sisters
What is the Future of Charity?
The Future of Charity is a collaborative group that has formed to build relationships among the younger, newer members of the Federation congregations. The group launched in August 2014 and went on retreat at the House of Charity in New Orleans, Louisiana, where they spent time getting to know one another and dreaming about how they might journey together.
The Future of Charity hopes to communicate their love of God and of religious life as well as be a safe place for discerners to freely explore what is stirring in their hearts. The group is open to women exploring their call up to 10 years professed as a sister.
- Sr. Judy Donohue, SCN, Professes First Vows August 29, 2017By Sr. Annie Klapheke, SC Federation Temporary Professed Click HERE to learn more about Annie Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationCongratulations to Sr. Judy Donohue, SCN, who professed her first vows as a Sister of Charity of Nazareth on August 26, 2017. Sisters, Associates, family and friends joined Judy for the […]Future of Charity Blog
- Seeds of Hope August 23, 2017By Sr. Paris Slapikas, SC Federation Perpetually Professed Click HERE to learn more about Paris Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationWorking with men and women who have experienced intimate partner violence and sexual assault is never easy. Day in and day out our staff is entrusted with the responsibility of being […]Future of Charity Blog
- 400 years of Charity: Making God's love visible August 16, 2017By Sr. Tracy Kemme, SC Federation Initially Professed Click HERE to learn more about Tracy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationAt the end of July, I traveled to Pedro Carbo, Ecuador, with the Sisters of Charity Seton Hill interprovincial charism experience. Each year, Korean and American Sisters visit and volunteer at […]Future of Charity Blog
- A Poem Prayer for Moving Forward August 9, 2017By Victoria Hood, SC Federation Candidate Click HERE to learn more about Victoria Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationLife is a constant, moving forwardAnd so we thank You, LordFor every day and every opportunityTo reach out to all our brothers and sistersIn charity, love, joy and prayerSo that all may lead […]Future of Charity Blog
- How Free Cell reflects that God is always giving us another chance and another chance! August 2, 2017By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Apostolic Novice Click HERE to learn more about Judy Click HERE to learn more about the SC FederationOn July 26, I finished up my vow prep retreat at the Mercy Retreat Center in St. Louis, MO.artwork at theMercy Retreat CenterWhile there I met several people on retreat, and […]Future of Charity Blog